The Mission of the Library ProgramGuided by the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools in the United States, the mission of the library program is to support the curriculum needs of all students in the Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12, to integrate the effective use of library and information resources in curriculum, to provide an environment conducive to learning, study and research, to foster a life-long appreciation of literature and reading for pleasure, to help students navigate the ever-growing world of electronic information, to develop critical thinking in their choice and use of information resources in all formats, and to support the faculty's development of curricula and teaching strategies.
Visit our Patron's Catalog to search for books and other materials in our collection.
The library resources at Sacred Heart support rigorous academic standards and include:
- Two libraries: one for the Upper School, one shared by the Lower & Middle Schools
- Four professional full-time librarians and one library assistant
- 35,000 books, audiobooks, videos, DVDs, and music CDs
- 80 magazine and newspaper subscriptions, including several foreign language titles
- An extensive online subscription database collection accessible from home and school
- Online library catalog access from home and school
- Both libraries are fully networked facilities with access to the school network, Intranet, library catalog, subscription databases, and the Internet
- iPads for research
The CSH collection development policy is available here.
The bibliographic instruction curriculum as carried out by the Library Department teaches research techniques and resources in a logical progression, from Kindergarten through 12th grade, in collaboration with classroom assignments and projects.
Division Library Pages
Director of Library and Media Studies
Upper School Librarian
Middle School Librarian
Lower School Librarian
Monday-Thursday, 7:45 am- 5:00 pm
Friday, 7:45 am- 4:30 pm