Middle School (5th-8th)
Thank you for your interest in the Middle School at Sacred Heart. The admissions process provides an opportunity for you to learn as much as you can about Sacred Heart, and exploring our website is a great place to start. We are currently accepting applications for Grades 5 through 8. After applying, we encourage you to sign up for our Middle School admissions events to see and hear from students and faculty about how the curriculum provides not only a stellar academic foundation but also the tools to be an engaged learner and thoughtful member of the community. We look forward to getting to know you and your family.
Important Dates and Timeline
Application Deadline: December 1, 2016
Financial Aid Application Deadline: December 15, 2016
Tour of Athletics and Wellness Center (Optional): December 5, 2016 at 8:30 am.
ISEE test results due: January 6, 2016
Admissions Decisions Mailed: February 7, 2017
Parents’ reply date (by noon): February 28, 2017
Ask A Parent
Parent insight is invaluable. We would like to offer you the unique opportunity to talk to a Sacred Heart parent directly. Please fill out the form by clicking on the link and a parent will contact you.
MS Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I arrange a tour of the school?
- What type of standardized testing is required?
- How many students attend Sacred Heart?
- What is the average class size?
- What kind of after school program does Sacred Heart offer?
- What foreign languages are offered?
- Do students travel or study abroad?
- What special events are in Middle School?
- Does Sacred Heart provide lunch for students?
- How does Sacred Heart support new students to make friends?
- Does Sacred Heart offer a diverse community?
- What percentage of students are Catholic?
- Does Sacred Heart provide school transportation?
- Why Sacred Heart?
Diversity is a priority at Sacred Heart. Approximately 29% of our students are young women of color and 18% of our families receive tuition assistance. Sacred Heart is committed to ensuring our student body reflects the racial, cultural and economic diversity of New York City.
Please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our website to learn more.
Convent of the Sacred Heart adheres to the notification deadlines, parent reply dates and principles of good practice established by the Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York. Convent of the Sacred Heart admits students of any race, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.