Sacred Heart’s Performing Arts program develops students’ poise, confidence and resilience as they take part in multiple yearly performances. A strong curriculum in music, drama and dance builds knowledge and ability while fostering creative problem-solving and collaborative skills.
Students can also elect to participate in musicals and plays in Middle and Upper School and electives such as Bell Choir, Chorus, Madrigals and Orchestral Ensemble, with performances at school and in the surrounding metro area.
Our students flourish under the guidance of our passionate educators who are active performing artists in their own right. Study of the Performing Arts is perfectly situated in the Otto Kahn Mansion, the former home of the man considered to be the greatest arts patron of the 20th century.
Performing Arts Courses
- Pre-K through 8th Grade weekly Music and Drama classes
- 4th Grade Shakespeare Production
- Pre-K - 4th grade Christmas and Spring programs
- Middle School Musical and Spring concert programs
- 9th Grade Performing Arts Foundations
- Solfege, Music Theory & AP Music Theory
- Upper School Chorus and select Madrigal group
- Upper School Bell Choir
- Upper School Orchestral Ensemble
- Upper School Drama electives
- Upper School Musical
- Upper School Play
- Upper School Christmas and Spring concerts