Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition and Payment for the 2017-2018 School Year
Junior Kindergarten: $39,780
Kindergarten - Grade 12 : $48,700
This includes all fees, lunch, textbooks, instructional materials and required class trips.
A non-refundable deposit of $6,500 is due along with your contract in order to reserve a place for the next academic year. The deposit is credited to the second semester tuition.
60% of tuition is due. Further, on June 1st the signed contract legally binds all families to pay 100% of tuition even if their daughter does not begin school in September because the family moves or for any other reason. Matriculation in the fall is dependent on the 60% having been paid in full.
The remaining 40% of tuition is due, less the $6,500 deposit.
Smart Tuition offers an alternative payment plan allowing payments to be made on a monthly basis throughout the year.
Tuition Refund Plan: Click here for more information
Financing your Sacred Heart Education
A Sacred Heart education is an important investment in your daughter's future and requires careful financial planning and considerable sacrifice for many families. The purpose of Sacred Heart's financial aid program is to fill the gap between the actual cost of a year's tuition and what a family can realistically afford to pay toward this cost. The financial aid budget represented 13.50% of the school’s annual operating budget and 20% of the student body received some form of financial aid. To the extent that our funds permit, financial assistance is available to academically qualified students whose parents are able to demonstrate financial need. The school works with every family to help them realize their dream of a Sacred Heart education for their daughter.
- How is financial aid awarded?
- Who may apply for financial aid?
- What if I did not apply for aid when I first enrolled?
- What if I miss the financial aid deadline?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- How is financial aid determined?
- Is financial aid automatically renewed each year?
- If parents are requesting financial aid for more than one student at Convent of the Sacred Heart, are there special instructions?
- Will a change in family financial circumstances during the school year change the financial aid award?
- What happens if the parents are divorced or separated?
- What if my spouse does not work?
- What should I do if your financial aid deadline is before I file my taxes?
- What if my family cannot afford the TADS fee, how can we apply for financial aid?
- When will I be notified of my award?
- What payment plans are available?
- What assistance is available for cost beyond tuition?
- Is it possible to appeal the financial aid award?
Students who initially enrolled in Kindergarten and above without a financial aid package are eligible to apply for aid:
a) Only after two full years of enrollment at Sacred Heart, and
b) Only if they have experienced a significant change in circumstances.
Funds are not available for families with pre-existing needs that were not disclosed at the time of initial admission.
1) Submit a Personal Financial Statement in the form of a letter to the Financial Aid Committee, outlining the reasons for needing tuition assistance and your specific family circumstances.
2) Complete the TADS financial aid application. If you require a hard copy and/or information in Spanish, you may request one from TADS Support at 800-477-8237.
3) Submit the following supporting documentation to TADS via mail or fax prior to the application deadline of December 1st:
a) Household members' most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and business owned)b) W-2's from each job held by household members
c) Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
d) Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers' compensation, etc.)
e) All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust.
1) Complete the TADS financial aid application by clicking here.
2) Submit the following supporting documentation to TADS via mail or fax prior to the application deadline of December 15:*Household members' most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and business owned)
*W-2's from each job held by household members
*Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
*Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers' compensation, etc.)
*All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
If you would like to practice filling out a financial aid worksheet prior to submitting your application, please feel free to use the worksheet by clicking the below:
You may contact TADS for assistance completing or to check application status. Please note that TADS does not award financial aid. TADS recommendations are used by the Sacred Heart Financial Aid Committee in accordance with its policies to determine the award amount.TADS Contact Information
Phone: 800.884.8237 (M-F, 8-6 Central)
Address: 1201 Hawthorne Ave., Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403