Upper School (9th-12th)
Thank you for your interest in the Upper School at Sacred Heart. Admission is based on a student’s academic achievement as well as her potential, her interests and her individual qualities. We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about the value of a Sacred Heart education. Our commitment to educating the “whole child" demands both academic rigor and opportunities for self-expression. A student at Sacred Heart can expect to be challenged intellectually and pushed to grow in her skills of analysis, comprehension and articulation.
Important Dates and Timeline
- Application available online - August 15, 2017
- Grade 9 Open House: October 13, 2017 - 8:30-10:30am
- Tour of Sacred Heart's Athletic and Wellness Center:
Tuesday, November 7, 2017: This tour is full
Monday, December 4, 2017: This tour is full
Wednesday, December 13, 2017: This tour is full
- Application Deadline - December 1, 2017
- Financial Aid Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
- Transcript and School Recommendations due - January 16, 2018
- ISEE test results due - January 16, 2018
- Visit Days for Accepted Students - February and March 2018 - dates TBD
- Notification Dates for 2018-19 Applicants (Grades 9-11)
-Notification: February 15, 2018
-Reply: March 15, 2018
The Sacred Heart Scholarship exam is an opportunity for academically gifted students, who also possess strong leadership potential, to attend Sacred Heart. These students receive a partial merit scholarship, additional financial aid is available to students who qualify. We seek to enrich our community by admitting students from not only the five boroughs, but New Jersey, Westchester, Brooklyn and Long Island.
- Scholarship application and teacher transcripts due: October 6, 2017
- Financial Aid Application due: December 1, 2017
- Grade 9 Open House: October 13, 2017 - 8:30-10:00am
- Tour of Sacred Heart's Athletic and Wellness Center
Monday, December 4, 2017 at 8:30 amWednesday, December 13, 2017 at 8:30 am
- Sacred Heart Scholarship Exam: October 14, 2017
- Scholarship Semifinalist Evening: November 28, 2017
- Scholarship Finalist Notification Date: January 2018 - date TBD
- Visit Days for Accepted Scholarship Finalists - February 2018
Spring tours will be for rising 8th grade students and their parents only.
Tours will be led by a student tour guide and there will be a brief information session with Immy Mullin. Tours will be approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Monday, April 16th - 8:45am
- Tuesday, April 17th - 9:30am
- Wednesday, April 18th - 9:30am
- Monday, April 23rd - 8:45am
- Tuesday, May 1st - 9:30am
- Wednesday, May 2nd - 9:30am
- Wednesday, May 16th - 9:30am
- Monday, May 21st - 8:45am
To register please email Immy Mullin at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information: tour date, names of attendees, and your daughter's current school.
US Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to contact CSH the day after Labor Day in order to receive an application?
- How do I arrange a tour of the school?
- Do you offer spring tours?
- How many students attend Sacred Heart?
- What is the average class size?
- Do you have a Grade 9 Open House?
- Where can I learn more about Sacred Heart's mission and goals?
- What is the history of the main campus buildings?
- Does Sacred Heart offer a diverse community?
- What percentage of students are Catholic?
- In which colleges do Sacred Heart seniors traditionally enroll?
- Do students travel or study abroad?
- Why Sacred Heart?
Please visit our About Us section on our website, which lists our Goals and Criteria.
As part of an international network, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart schools. Known as the “Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
Diversity is a priority at Sacred Heart. Approximately 30% of our students are young women of color and 18% of our families receive tuition assistance. Sacred Heart is committed to ensuring our student body reflects the racial, cultural and economic diversity of New York City.
Please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our website to learn more