Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Alumnae DEI Council (Open to all alumnae)
- The new Alumnae Council on Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI), a subcommittee of the 91st Street Alumnae Board, will be composed of alumnae interested in fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in our Sacred Heart community. The council will host events, meetings, and opportunities for alumnae to engage more fully in the life of the school. All aspects of the council's work will support Goal Three by raising awareness of global cultures, perspectives, communities, and experiences. And any future affinity groups will grow from this council.
- Our overall goal is to build this Alumnae Council on DEI with sustainability in mind, so rotating term-limits will be staggered. We want to be intentional as we incorporate the best aspects of our Alumnae Angels legacy and build something even stronger that will stand the test of time. All 91st Street and Noroton alumnae are welcome to apply (applications will be circulated in December 2020).
21-Day Equity-Habit-Building Challenge (Invitation to enroll will be emailed out after Winter break)
- With the new year, we invite you to build new habits. In January, we will lead a 21-Day Equity-Habit-Building Challenge. We will provide resources that include suggestions for readings, podcasts, videos, and ways to form and deepen community connections. Then we will meet for a discussion over a lunchtime Zoom on Fridays during the period of the challenge. We will send out a registration link after we return for winter break.
- Tuesday, November 17-"Expanding our DEI Work at SH91",a special virtual presentation for alumnae.
- Summer 2020 "Listen & Learn" Events
- Alumnae & Parent Awareness & Inclusion Event with Rosetta Lee
- Andrea Davis Pinkney Workshop: Awareness in the 21st Century: Academics, Advocacy, and Action for Student Success
- SH Family Art Project to Celebrate Women's History Month
- An Evening with Barbara Krauthamer
- Career Development "Boot Camp" with Toni Harris
- 10 Proven Strategies for Thriving in the Workplace les by Carla Harris
- Discussion on networking and maximizing leadership potential for women and minorities in the workforce, led by Rhonda Joy McLean
- FELA! Featuring Patti LaBelle
- Bowling and Networking Event at Harlem Lanes
- MidWinter Blues Event
- Diversity Dialogue: An Alumnae Conversation on Careers and the Workplace
- Gospel Mass & Reception
- Reception Celebrating Alumnae of Color