Since the inception of Sacred Heart schools, public speaking has been integral to the curriculum to empower our young women to develop into confident, articulate leaders. Starting in Kindergarten, students learn and consistently practice how to concisely organize content and express ideas and opinions with clarity to engage or persuade an audience.
The forensics team (or Speech) is one of our most popular extra-curricular activities with 20% of the Upper School students competing in local, state and national competitions. Led by New York Catholic Forensics League Hall of Famer, Michaela Ablon, Sacred Heart’s young women are challenged to find and share their voice.
2018-2019 Key Forensics Achievements
- Regis High School and The Loyola School Competition: 14 awards including 1st place for Duo Interpretation
- Convent of the Sacred Heart, Greenwich, CT Competition: 10 awards including 1st place for Varsity Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Liberty Bell Classic, hosted by University of Pennsylvania: 4 awards
- 2 NYC Champions
- 1 State Champion
- 15 awardees at the State Championship
- Top finishing independent school in New York State; 3rd place Speech sweepstakes.